I am a paraprofessional at Magnolia School. I have been employed there since 2001. I was a substitute teacher for several years and I decided I wanted to work full time in a school. I attended Faulkner State Community College and graduated Summa Cum Laude in 2006. I am currently attending The University of South Alabama and hope to teach my own students by 2011.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

"A bit about me"...

I have always wanted to teach. When I was a little girl, I would line up the kitchen chairs and make a classroom. My younger siblings would grudgingly be my students and I would be the stern, but loving teacher. After high school, the smell of money took me to the beach where time flew and so did my dreams. I kept saying that college could wait another year and after two beautiful daughters and a painful divorce, college was waiting for me. I do regret that it took me almost thirty years to receive a degree, but I am living my dream.
I am a Paraprofessional at an elementary school and I am ready to teach. I have been in the classroom for eight years and it's time to spread my wings. The wonderful teachers I have worked with have given me extraordinary knowledge and insight. One can not learn some lessons in a college classroom and I believe I am very fortunate to work with such gifted teachers. I know I still have a lot to learn, but I am up for the challenge. Good things come to those who wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment