I am a paraprofessional at Magnolia School. I have been employed there since 2001. I was a substitute teacher for several years and I decided I wanted to work full time in a school. I attended Faulkner State Community College and graduated Summa Cum Laude in 2006. I am currently attending The University of South Alabama and hope to teach my own students by 2011.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Power Point Presentations

I did not grow up with a computer and my teenage children know much more about using all a computer has to offer. I work with fifth graders and they are currently using PowerPoint to present information to fellow classmates. I have only done one presentation and I realize practice makes perfect. PowerPoint is used in businesses all over the world and today's students have a jumpstart on technology. Reading a book and presenting it through PowerPoint can actually allow a child to comprehend the story better!! I would enjoy a PowerPoint Presentation over a lecture without visuals any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment