I am a paraprofessional at Magnolia School. I have been employed there since 2001. I was a substitute teacher for several years and I decided I wanted to work full time in a school. I attended Faulkner State Community College and graduated Summa Cum Laude in 2006. I am currently attending The University of South Alabama and hope to teach my own students by 2011.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Reading for Fun!!

Reading is so important and many students struggle with the comprehension of the stories they are reading. Each student has their own goals and levels. I would encourage group reading with group discussions. Threaded discussions on the computer each week would bring a little more adventure to reading. Not all children are excited about a book or short story and I would look for new ways to encourage reading and comprehending. Reading is fun and I look forward to reading with my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment